Founded in March 2016.
From 2007 onwards, Louis was finding himself being asked “Which hosting provider would you use?” on an almost daily basis. Further to this, he was also being approached by people who had experienced horror stories with run-of-the-mill providers.
Joining in as a hobbyist back in the mid-noughties, when Virtual Private Servers were becoming available to the low-end market. Louis decided that he could offer a far more superior service to the likes of his corporate counterparts, and over the years began to collect a large number of websites that he was hosting under his belt.
By 2016, he was hosting over 20 clients, including larger, higher-traffic websites which meant that he had to start taking the business side of things more seriously. One fateful evening that year, Louis went onto Companies House and Vanacy was born.
4 Points of Presence Launched.
Over the next two years due to increasing necessity and growing demand, we have launched 4 points of presence around the world.
Initially we had launched Lenoir, North Carolina, USA back in December 2016 with CentriLogic Inc. Followed by Bristol in March 2017 and London in July 2017 with our partners Hydra Communications Ltd.
After increasing requests from customers to have their servers relocated to our new London facility, we had undertaken a facility migration comprising of all of our hardware from Bristol to London in June 2018.
Managed Services launched in June 2018.
After receiving an ever growing amount of requests from customers to come on site visits to rectify on-site system & connectivity issues, we decided to launch our Managed Services to customers in June.
This means we are able to provide customers with a full-circle offering, covering on-site IT issues whilst also managing your Cloud Network and Website or App Development all under one roof.
If you think Managed Services may be what you need, please drop us a message using the form below.
Our London data centre location is in the heart of London Docklands, boasting some of the highest specifications:
- Tier 2/3 aligned facility with 23,000 square feet of data hall space available.
- N x 10Gbps Layer 1 (OS1) wavelengths to primary routing site located within Telehouse North
- N x 10Gbps Layer 1 (OS1) wavelengths to secondary routing site located within Telecity Harbour Exchange 8/9
- Top of rack switches fed from 2 different distribution switches for redundancy (Layers 1-3 redundancy)
- A & B – 32A power feeds as standard
- N+1 level UPS configuration
- N+1 cooling configuration (minimum)
- 2 x 1500kVA generators on site, with 4 day fuel supply with plans to add a 3rd (N+1 configuration)
- 1.5 MVA on site power connected, with plans to upgrade to 3.0 MVA
- 24/7 on site security and technical staff
- ISO9001 and ISO27001 accredited facility operator
- FM200 and VESDA fire suppression system installed
- Carrier neutral facility with DataHop, COLT, BT, Goscomb, Epsilion, Global Crossing (Level3), Telstra, Telecom Italia, Zayo and many more on site already.
Our data centre facility in Bristol, UK is owned and operated privately by Vanacy’s UK datacentre partner, Hydra Communications Limited. Below are some specifications per data hall:
- Tier 1 aligned facility with 1,000 square feet of data hall space available
- N x 10Gbps Layer 1 (OS1) wavelengths to core routing equipment located in London’s Telehouse North.
- N x 10Gbps Layer 1 (OS1) wavelengths failover onto MPLS backup network connecting via alternate physical route(s) to London’s Telehouse North
- Single 16A (230V) power feed per rack on independent breaker
- N+1 Riello UPS system with 80 minutes dedicated runtime for server racks
- N+1 Riello UPS system with 80 minutes dedicated runtime for climate control systems & site core network equipment
- Data halls climate controlled at 22oC (+/- 2oC) within cold aisles
- Onsite transformer fed with 2x 11kV feeds
- Carrier neutral facility
- Onsite staff and monitoring around the clock
- 100% private, authorised personnel only
Vanacy provisions its US services from CentriLogic’s secure and high efficiency data center located in Lenoir, North Carolina, USA.
We cool our data centers using a combination of Liebert CRAH (Computer Room Air Handler) units using chilled water from a central water plant, as well as a unique air-side economizer that was built and designed by Dacentec. Our air-side economizer allows us to operate at PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) values of less than 1.2 when the conditions outside are appropriate.
Our facility also meets the most stringent industry compliance requirements including HIPAA, SSAE 16, PCI-DSS, and ISO 9001 & 27001, ensuring we provide our customers with trusted, secure, and reliable solutions.
- 23,500 square foot hardened purpose-built facility
- Diverse incoming utility feeds
- 24 x 7 security & multi-level access control
- Power Protection by UPS (N+2) and 1MW backup generator
- Strict climate control with Liebert CRAH units & Chilled Water Cooling
- Bandwidth provided by major Tier 1 carriers
- Connectivity provided by 5 diverse fiber operators
- Fire detection & suppression
Details coming soon.
Lead Systems Engineer